• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add color

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a white document. I can not add color to it for the life of me. I searched on google, read many things, none work. There is nothing anywhere to do and the color and swatches and gradient are white with a red line through it.

Never will ever understand why I can never just open this program, make something and be done with it. Everything thing is just a complex complicated chore.

MS paint can easily add color but not indesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Seriously? A billion dollar company and I had to make a box around it? Wow! That takes the cake. Not one document or resource anywhere said I need to make a box around a blank page that i want a different color other than white. I seen dumbness in my life but that utterly takes the cake, draw a box around your brand new completely blank document, instead of just adding color to it or being offer the choice of a non white paper, i a poor man and look at that million dollar idea a billion dollar c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to mention yes I am build a dresser from ikea without reading the instructions, so yeah go ahead and make fun of me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am literally following these directions to the T

Apply colors to objects in an Adobe InDesign document

Does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? A billion dollar company and I had to make a box around it? Wow! That takes the cake. Not one document or resource anywhere said I need to make a box around a blank page that i want a different color other than white. I seen dumbness in my life but that utterly takes the cake, draw a box around your brand new completely blank document, instead of just adding color to it or being offer the choice of a non white paper, i a poor man and look at that million dollar idea a billion dollar company could not come up with. Adobe sucks. No wonder it is the virus capital of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one ever claimed that InDesign was a program for beginners. It's a full professional program like Photoshop is for working with images. People need to take a classroom or a video course or more to get full use of all of its power. (If you were on a Mac, you could use Pages which is designed for beginners. I'm there are simpler programs for Windows users too.)

Short answer: Choose the Rectangle tool from the Tools panel (looks like a rectangle). Set the fill color (on the Swatches or Control panel) to pick the color background you want to use. Drag out the Rectangle tool in the area where you want a colored background. If necessary, choose Object > Arrange > Send to Back to send the rectangle to the lowest level of the stacking order below (behind) other objects like text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've marked your non-answer an NOT correct, and I'm locking this thread. You obviously need find a simpler program you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines