• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Apply paragraph style without missing word replacements

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, how are you? I'm trying to import a word document into indesign, but even though I select my paragraph with the inter font, there are some parts that it doesn't change the font
follow the image below:

CleberRafael_0-1656685526242.png

I believe this happens because of the overrides

Is there any way to keep the overrides but the entire document source stays with Inter? respecting clear Bold, Italic and T1

CleberRafael_1-1656685851368.png

Here's the way I'm importing together the Indesign and word document

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

This has become a recurring problem with Word import, and there are several recent threads. Word docs import, the styles apply as directed (default or via mapping), but the Word styles remain as spot overrides.

I think the most general solution is one pointed out by Barb Binder: select all text in the flow and click the "clear overrides" button at the bottom of the Paragraph Styles pane. That worked for me on a big, messy import and has worked for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has become a recurring problem with Word import, and there are several recent threads. Word docs import, the styles apply as directed (default or via mapping), but the Word styles remain as spot overrides.

I think the most general solution is one pointed out by Barb Binder: select all text in the flow and click the "clear overrides" button at the bottom of the Paragraph Styles pane. That worked for me on a big, messy import and has worked for others.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect James, I did that but the only problem is that I lose some size I need it to be at 8 all fonts are between 12

a way I managed to go in type - find and replace font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With any leftover Word style overrides cleared, adjusting the styles should adjust all paragraphs they are applied to. The same for all character styles.

Everything in InDesign is intensively controlled by styles. The hurdle is, as in this case, when override (spot, local) styles change the paragraph style in unwanted ways. Clear those, and you should be back at a good starting point to adjust all your styles for the layout you are seeking.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open your document I see following

1. You have preselected a character Style Texto Base. Why?
  2. The vector Logo is twice above doubled.
  3. You do not work with layered
  4. The second master should be the base for the first one. As everything on this master is also on the other one.

• Define the Overrides in Word as Character Styles in Word.
  • When nothing is selected in the INDD select Character Style None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Willi thanks a lot for the tip in the document I'm starting now, it will help me a lot!

Unfortunately, the teachers are the ones who send the content in word, I only receive it and I have to put it in Indesign

This is actually an exercise booklet that we are going to create

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rafael,

the main issue here is that the text in the Word document is not formatted through different paragraph styles. So no chance to map anything with the styles you have in your InDesign document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines