Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid empty space in the inside of the equations

Participant ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team,

I need to avoid the empty boundary space around equations inside the frame. I have to exactly fit the equation such that there is no white space. Can you provide or suggest any script related to this request?

Please advise.

Or any option available in the mathtype to fix this issue?

Please see the screenshot for your reference below:

kanagakumar_0-1709272424748.png

Thanks

kanagakumar

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Hi @kanagakumar and others, really you guys have worked out the hard parts already. So I've written a script that uses your insights, and hopefully this will do what you want.

I have assumed that the equations are all eps graphics that are anchored in text. I've included options to set a uniform scale for the equations, and also to fit the frame to the content—this is critical, otherwise the baseline might not be correct.

Give it a try and let me know how you go.

- Mark

Example, using scal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your support.

Thanks

kk

By @kanagakumar

You are welcome. 

Would you need an option to change formatting of the equations - WITHOUT going through an editor? 

Can't offer - right now - full editing capabilities, but font, point size, move of elements in the equation - can be done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob day 

> Why do the bounds matter?

If you place an EPS eqn inline, the spaces before and after the eqn are wider than the space of the line, that's the problem. The vertical paddings matter less, thoughin principle the vertical padding could increase the leading of the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines