• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the color of a simple line?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new here sorry. I find 5 color related menues but none works for me 😮 Love you if u help 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend checking out https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/painting-fills-strokes.html to know how to use fill and strokes to color your object. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

There are many ways to create lines (rules) in InDesign. If by "simple line", you mean a line that you have drawn with the Line tool, then select it and choose the desired color from the Control Panel (Window > Control). You can pick a color from the list, or double click the Stroke color chip and create your own color using the Color Picker.

~Barb

z_example.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

A line like any other object may have a (color) Fill and a Stroke.

You have to have the Stroke icon, not the Fill one ahead or active in the Tools, Swatches or Color  panel or as Barbara Ash shows you the Stroke icon   in the top Control bar/panel. You can also there change the Stroke width and line style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend checking out https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/painting-fills-strokes.html to know how to use fill and strokes to color your object. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to create lines (rules) in InDesign. If by "simple line", you mean a line that you have drawn with the Line tool, then select it and choose the desired color from the Control Panel (Window > Control). You can pick a color from the list, or double click the Stroke color chip and create your own color using the Color Picker.

~Barb

z_example.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A line like any other object may have a (color) Fill and a Stroke.

You have to have the Stroke icon, not the Fill one ahead or active in the Tools, Swatches or Color  panel or as Barbara Ash shows you the Stroke icon   in the top Control bar/panel. You can also there change the Stroke width and line style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines