• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create an object style with a photo box and text box attached below

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a booklet that contains many bio's. To the left of each bio but inset within the text will be that person's photo and then directly beneath the photo is a text box with their last name. (Screen shot of an example)

I found the settings that I want for the anchored object but I've been manually going into eacth one and entering them. Is there a way I can make some kind of style that I can apply to this? 

I tried to use object style, but when I did that it would change the text box area beneath it. I've only worked with character styles, so I'm sure I'm overlooking what I should do. 

Is there a way to make this style so I can automate this process? 

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 2.37.39 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

In the object style try unchecking all of the boxes under basic attributes except for "anchored object options" and "text wrap & other". Then when you apply the object style it will only effect those two things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the object style try unchecking all of the boxes under basic attributes except for "anchored object options" and "text wrap & other". Then when you apply the object style it will only effect those two things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, that worked! Thank you! That was much easier than I anticpated. 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay! Glad to help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to explore ID's caption feature, which is oddly limited but would be a precise solution to what you're attempting.

It is difficult to create multi-element objects and have anchoring work correctly.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to make it work with another uggestion, but I didn't know about the caption feature. I'll have to check that out sometime. I appreicate your suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines