• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to determine which color swatch was used

Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of years ago I created a simple bar graph in InDesign. I have decided to use it as the basis for a new but similar graph.

In order to apply the swatch color in the new graph I need to be able to determine the which swatch I had selected previously - my list of color swatches is extensive because it has een built up over years.

I selected the graphic box in the old file that contains one of the colors I want to use but cannot find any info indicating exactly which swatch I selected - i.e., the color does not highlight in the swatches list, or show the CMYK numbers.

For various reasons I do not want to copy paste the graphics boxes from the old file into the new file.

Is there a way to determine the CMYK numbers ?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to get this information in the info panelCapture d’écran 2023-10-02 à 17.08.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, oh, it looks like I blundered when I made the original file - the Infor Panel says: unnamed gradient.

Is there a way to get past this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Add Unnamed Colors from the Swatches Flyout menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that - it did not add it...i.e., Info Panel still says unnamed gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I select the graphic box, the color in the box shows in the "Color" indicator at the top left corner of Swatches Panel and similarly in the Color/Strokes panel, but no CMYK data shows anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines