• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display headlines in the running title including their automaticly generated section number?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to display headlines in the running title from a paragraph style including their automaticly generated section number?

In the menu the variable "Kapitelnummer" (section number) has no relation to a self created paragraph style. With the help of a character style I also don't come to a conclusion.

By the way: The publishing house I work for dosn't except any additional scripts!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that it should be possible to construct such a running header.

The running header 'borrows' its text (not the number) from the styled paragraph, But in itself, it's also a style which requires a numbering scheme. If set up correctly, it should be mimicking the same levels and numbering like the heading style does. So you have to do such a setup twice ! And you need a Character Style if you want to format the number differently from the text. Does this help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines