• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export workspace settings

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I export Workspace settings in Mac InDesign 2017.1 so I can make them the same on laptop/desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Hi,

You need to migrate your preferences.

1. Go to: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe InDesign

2. Navigate to Version X.0/en_us/Workspaces and you'll find your workspace files

Copy and place the workspace files in the exact same location on the new Macintosh and launch InDesign -- you should see them in the menu.

Let us know if the issue was resolved.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to migrate your preferences.

1. Go to: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe InDesign

2. Navigate to Version X.0/en_us/Workspaces and you'll find your workspace files

Copy and place the workspace files in the exact same location on the new Macintosh and launch InDesign -- you should see them in the menu.

Let us know if the issue was resolved.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone tell me how to do this on a PC running windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find them here:

drive:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 13.0\language\Workspaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! thanx! :sun_with_face:🙏👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer (Mac, updated to the latest OS) does not have a folder within ~/Library/Preferences/ called Adobe or Adobe Indesign so these steps were not helpful. Why isn't there a way to export your settings and save them where you want? It is so much simpler than running around looking for a folder especially when apparently it's not always organized the same way. Not to mention each app works a little differently to access these setting so it is an absolute nightmare every time I realize I have to share my setttings from device to device because I know it will not be straight-forward. In this case for InDesign, I'm absolutely stuck because that folder you mentioned isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you haven't turned your Library Folder visible. So go to your User Folder, hit "Command J" and make the Library folder visible. And yes, all Mac OS Folders are organized and distributed the same way, there is no point distributing random OS just for fun.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. You're not mistaken. Latest Indesign and MacOS here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found my worskspaces here:

Applications/Adobe InDesign 2023/Presets/InDesign_Workspaces/en_GB (language) > list of them was in the folder.

running InDesgin 2023 on MacOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too but only see the Adobe pre-made workspaces and not any of my custom workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @amaarora!
This helped me easily locate my personalized workspace files. I've followed your steps and copyed the .xml files to the same folder on my new machine, but with no luck. Not showing up as drop-down options when I open InDesign. What did I miss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thank you.  I was looking in the right place almost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines