• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find out what fonts are not embedded

Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this error message: "the preset specifies that some fonts are not embedded. This application always embeds fonts."

How can I find out how to fix this problem? Will it adversely affect my document? Will I have to do reformatting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

This is helpful, however, the problem seems to be solved. I simply recreated a new preset form and the error message went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Request you to kindly visit the link shared below and select the specific product community.

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

The experts would be able to help you with the product related query.

Thanks

Kanika

KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful, however, the problem seems to be solved. I simply recreated a new preset form and the error message went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely should state what „application“ you are using on which system and what version.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still like to know how to check within InDesign to see if fonts are embedded or not. My commercial printer specified that fonts should be embedded. Somewhere I thought I read that this is something that I need not worry about since I am using InDesign, but would like this notion confirmed or corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font are not embedded in an InDesign file. They are embedded automatically when you create a PDF file or make an EPUB file.

Since this is something you're doing for printing, PDF is where it would be found. InDesign always embeds fonts in a PDF by default. You would check this in Acrobat Pro. Open the PDF. Choose File > Properties and click on the Fonts tab. You'll see your fonts are usually Embedded Subsets which means that only the characters actually used are embedded. For printing, this is perfectly acceptable.

Fonts.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

It is great that, by default, fonts are embedded into the PDF from InDesign during export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's why you shouldn't believe a printer if he/she should say you must outline fonts in InDesign (except for weird exceptions like sign makers). That is NOT necessary. InDesign embeds the fonts in the PDF and that's all you need. You shouldn't need to worry about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines