Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find transparent object?

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I want to export my document in PDF, a warning box tells me I have transparent objects and it will affect my export. But impossible to find them. Is there a way to find all transparent objects in Indesign?

thank you,

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it appear when you produce a PDF by selecting the InDesign Adobe PDF Preset, PDF/X-4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit> Transparency Blend Space> CMYK.

Edit, you can show which InDesign pages have transparency by selecting panel options> Show Transparency in the Pages Panel.

You can also use the Find tool to search for specific transparency effects.

In Acrobat, you can use Output Preview> Page has transparency (will say yes or no).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The box isn't warning you that you have transparent objects, but something quite specific. Two spaces don't match. What are they set to? If you don't know how to find either one, let us know so you can sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have noted, you will get the warning if there is transparency on the page and the document’s Transparency Blend Space conflicts with the Destination set in the Export>Output tab—for example the Transparency Blend Space is set to RGB and you export to the PDF/X-1a preset, which always has a CMYK destination.

You can use the Flattener Preview panel to highlight transparent objects. Here the green frame is set to Multiply, so it gets highlighted as red:

Screen Shot 13.png

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same problem.

File > Package > Summary > Non Opaque Objects: On PageX, X, X

I couldn't see any problem with the images in InDesign, but when I opened them in Photoshop, there was a single pixel width line of transparency down the edge. Just had to crop that out and update the images in InDesign.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.38.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also had the "non-opaque objects" issue. Two pages had a PSD where the image was on Layer 0 with no background. I flattened the image and updated InDesign, and the non-opaque objects notice changed to 0 in the 'Package' menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry. I am missing something here. Please tell me where I find 'panel options'....

Thanks, M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines