• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to position a chunk of text in the same text frame?

Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe CC, Mac OS.

How do you get the Figure group to position at the top of the page without messing up the layout? I tried separating the Figure group to a new text frame to anchor into existing text frame and use text wrap, but I can't seem to make it looks correct. Please see attachments.

thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to tell from only the screen shots. Do you have and keep options that are "keep(ing) with previous" togeteher with a rule to keep the last to lines together? This woudl explain having two lines from preceding text before a table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas,

The Figure is on a different text frame that I want to anchor onto the main text frame, however through googling, it seems to be InDesign's limitation – anchored objects' text wrap won't work on text lines that's above the anchored object marker. Also the anchored object must be on the same page as the anchored marker. This makes it impossible to use anchored object text wrap between two pages, for example. Do you know any workaround for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Group caption and image and anchor it into a pargraph with an automatic leading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willi,

I tried but it did not produce the result that I wanted, perhaps I did something wrong. The Figure group is anchored to a paragraph that goes over two pages (the paragraph starts at page A, and ends in page B), is it possible to make the anchored Figure group positioned at the top of margin of page B?

If I anchor the group to the beginning of paragraph in page A, then the group will appear at page A and I cannot move it to the top of page B.

If I anchor the group to the end of paragraph which is located at page B, then the text wrap does not work – the group will appear on top of the text of that paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines