• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to see indexed words in text copy

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I indexed a book in 2015. I am returned to the index now as we are translating the book. I remember being able to see indexed terms in the actual text of the book. Now I am only able to see the blue carrot (upside down v) that denotes where an index term resides, but it does not actually show what word or phrase is being referenced at that point. I realize that I can see the indexed words in the index pane. However, it was so useful to see it right inline with the text copy. Is there a toggle I am not seeing that would allow me to see what terms are where. Or do I just need to get used to working in the index menu? Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Edit > Edit in Story Editor? If you select the index marker in the story editor window, it will highlight the entry in the Index panel.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember every being able to see the index term in InDesign - could you be thinking of a different program?

What I do work with the index panel open; that way, when you highlight one of the index markers, it gets selected in the index panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Show Hidden characters and look for the index marker, on the page or in the Story Editor 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on Hidden characters, best visible in the Story Editor as Mike Witherell said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines