• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to shortcut the increase add space after and increase space before a paragraphi

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use two shortcuts to improve my work.

I think it is possible by scripting but i don't know how so i ask here.
 i want to create a shortcut to increase space after paraprgaph as the button in palette and one to increase the space before the paragraph.

my left mouse button and relative finger will thank you forever.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

For many years I have used small scripts to add or remove space before or after paragraphs. That's much easier than creating separate paragraph styles.

Two scripts below: the first adds 1 pt to the space before the currently selected paragraph, the second one adds half a line of white before the current paragraph. 'Selected' means: just click somewhere in the paragraph.

I use slight variants of these script to decrease the space by 1 point (simple change += with -=), and to add/remove space

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a ton, @Peter Kahrel !  When my current mayhem subsides, I will experiment with this! Very powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines