• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO TYPE MULTILINGUAL IN INDESIGN 2022?

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in previous version of adobe indesign there was an option called COMPOSITE FONT placed in TYPE menu, but in 2022 version there is no such thing, would you please tell me how can I type multilingual in Adobe Indesign version 2022 ?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

I know that this feels like one question to you, but it really looks like two to me. I don't think you actually need to be taught how to work with composite fonts or input methods; it's just that the updater didn't update you to the version of ID you're used to using for handling multilingual content.

When you install the Creative Cloud app, you pick a language. There are a few langauges you could pick (like Arabic, for example) that would mean that your install of InDesign would have tools fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

yes thank you, I reinstall the Adobe Indesign, choosing (English/ یدعم العربیه) for the language during the Installing, and then some options and features appear on the menus of the program which where not in English version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this feels like one question to you, but it really looks like two to me. I don't think you actually need to be taught how to work with composite fonts or input methods; it's just that the updater didn't update you to the version of ID you're used to using for handling multilingual content.

When you install the Creative Cloud app, you pick a language. There are a few langauges you could pick (like Arabic, for example) that would mean that your install of InDesign would have tools for handling right-to-left text, or East Asian text, or et cetera. You'd expect those language settings to stick. However, for some users, if you let the Creative Cloud app update InDesign, the update installer gives you plain vanilla English InDesign. I think it's a bug, but I can't isolate it well enough to make a bug report. However, if you go into your language settings in the preferences for the Creative Cloud app, you can re-set your language preferences to your preferred language, like Arabic, and then re-install InDesign and get your complex script settings back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes thank you, I reinstall the Adobe Indesign, choosing (English/ یدعم العربیه) for the language during the Installing, and then some options and features appear on the menus of the program which where not in English version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines