• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Update InDesign CS6 to newest version ?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to InDesign and have an outdated version. How do I update InDesign CS6 to newest version? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Hi,

I'll be happy to help. Manan is absolutely right that CS6 is not part of CC i.e. Creative Cloud. You would need to subscribe to Creative Cloud membership to get the latest version of InDesign.

You may click on the link and find suitable plans for you accordingly: 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

With the subscription, you will always have access to the most up-to-date version of Adobe software.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS is not related to CC versions of the app, there is no upgrade option between these. Searching a bit i found a similiar disucssion on the forum regarding this. Have a look at the following link

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Upgrade-from-CS6-to-CC/td-p/10073148

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll be happy to help. Manan is absolutely right that CS6 is not part of CC i.e. Creative Cloud. You would need to subscribe to Creative Cloud membership to get the latest version of InDesign.

You may click on the link and find suitable plans for you accordingly: 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

With the subscription, you will always have access to the most up-to-date version of Adobe software.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of a fact, since Adobe changed to a subscription based model, there are no "upgrades" anymore. You buy the subscription and for the time you are subscribed you will have access to the latest version and the preceeding version. As soon as a new major version comes out, you may upgrade to that version.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use either the "check for updates menu item in InDesign and potentially be suprised that the Adobe Application Manager does turn into Creative Cloud.  From my recent experience, doing so makes most of your Adobe Application (grouiped items) not easily updateable.
From there, it seems you need to go to your Adobe Account, download the latest version of your softwares.  Then go into them, "deactivate them", "uninstall them". then "reinstall them".  Perhaps they will show up (yes the CS6 Application) within your Creative Suite Interface.
This is all very awkward.  Happend to me a week or two back when I updated InDesign but should have updated everything in the Adobe Applications Manager.  The Applications Manager got overwritten by the Creative Cloud Applications manager.  I need to do the above sequence now for PhotoShop, Illustrator and Premier CS6.  Argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Better, use the "Adobe Application Manager" and update all if you can...  The "Check for Updates" is what you have when you get CS6 apps which cannot be updated in the (once was Adobe Application Manager) Creative Cloud...  From my research there are more recent updates than you can get to with "check for updates" but you need to use the "new installer" to access that.
Likely that you are just getting to see them (perhaps) in the Creative Cloud Application Manager.  I have about 4 of perhaps 8 Apps showing there right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines