• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hyperlink to download a text document not working

New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've added some link to some text that are suppose to open a internet page that generate download (docx document) It's working in epub, in safari but not on chrome... i'm confused. 

everything seems to be ok...Capture d’écran, le 2023-05-29 à 19.34.14.png

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you exporting the document in? If you are exporting as a pdf then it will react differently depending on the browser. If that is the case then try exporting the document as HTML instead. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/export-content-html-cs5-5.html for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this video explain what is hapening well. When i first click the link from my mail it automatically download the file, then when it's linked as an hyperlink on text it work in the epub preview. But when it's published online it just opening a new tab but does not start the dl. It's working on safari...Enregistrement d’écran, le 2023-05-31 à 19.05.49.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try some of these suggestions

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/links-not-working-in-chrome-how-to-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines