• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinking Table of Contents to Chapters Epub

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a book in Indesign specifically for output to Epub. I have each chapter or section as a separate Indesign file, which helps tell Indesign when to break to a new page when exporting as an Epub file. I would like my contents page to have hyperlinks to the other chapters (other Indesign files) but am having trouble figuring out how to do this. Looking for someone who has built a book this way and knows how to have the hyperlinks work after the Epub file is exported. I've tried adding them in by right clicking and adding a new hyperlink. Then tried choosing hyperlink to a page (but I think that only works in the same document) and also tried choosing hyperlink to a file but that did not work. Can this be done in Indesign before exporting as a Epub file or do I have to wait till after I export as an Epub and then use another program to add in the hyperlink? Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Generate a table of contents for the book.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-table-contents.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generate a table of contents for the book.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-table-contents.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it. Working with an InDesign book is a little different from working with a single file, but it's much the same process.

Be sure to give the TOC style a distinctive name, and then specify that name when you export the EPUB document. You can even create two styles, one for in-line text (which is unnecessary and deprecated in e-books, for the most part) and one for the reader's dynamic TOC. You can put more levels of reference in the latter than you might in a print/paper TOC, too, since the dynamic menuing handles it well.

You do not need to use any "ebook tools" on InDesign EPUB exports You can accomplish everything with a correct export model and settings.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines