I've had this Indesign document for over a year. I have never had any problems with the hyperlinks before. Suddenly today, after adding some pages with new hyperlinks, they are no longer working when I publish online or just export a pdf. I've always published online in the past. I checked the links in the Hyperlinks window pane and they take me to the website. I have all the text with the hyperlinks on the top layer.
I'm at a loss. Any help would be so appreciated.
Many thanks in advance
Are they full hyperlinks with the actual address of the website - or are they text that is converted to a hyperlink, like Click Here
Acrobat should automatically convert full URLs into hyperlinks - there was a recent update to Acrobat so maybe the preference to recognise hyperlinks in documents is turned off in Acrobat Preferences?
And just another guess
If the document is worked on for a year it must have gone through a lot of saves.
There might be built up residual information in the file.
If a document is not behaving well then try
Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.
Thanks so much for your suggested solutions. Unfortunately I did not have any success. I was unable to find anything in the preferences related to Hyperlinks and resaving as the IDML and then as an Indesign file didn't work either.
I tested a hyperlink in a new file and it didn't work there as well.
I'll keep searching for a solution. If I do find one, I'll be sure to post it on this chain.
On PDF export have you ticked the little box for hyperlinks?
I don't see a box to check for hyperlinks when exporting.
I exported both a pdf and published online. I got one hyperlink to work in the pdf once, but then it never went to the destination again. The online version did the same thing, opened up once but not again and that was only after frantically clicking on it out of frustration.
I reset each hyperlink in the Hyperlink panel's dropdown. That accomplished nothing.
The below attachment is what happens when I click on a hyperlink once exported. I blue area surrounds the hyperlink.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't make a difference.
Not sure what to try next at this point.
Thanks for the link. The screenshot is a pdf for print, which I won't need. I finally got an interactive pdf to work, but what I really need is a Publish Online, which still isn't working.
Seems to be a weird bug - check to see if you're using World Ready Paragraph Composer
if you are you are you need to change it - apparently
I was not in World Ready Paragragh Composer. I was in the correct format - Adobe Paragraph Composer. Thank you for the link though.