Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks to open in new browser window

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created an interactive PDF using InDesign CC, The PDFs have hyperlinks to other webpages, when I open the PDF in the browser, the hyperlinks are getting accessed in the same current window, I want to open the hyperlinks in a new !window ! ! !.

Please suggest any solution over this issue.

Thanks.

[private info removed - mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop opening them in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Actually, for certain reasons, I require to open and access the iPDF in a browser. In such a case, when I click on a hyperlink, I want the linked website to open in a new tab within the browser window. This is currently not happening. When I click on the hyperlink currently, the linked website opens in the same tab (and replaces the opened iPDF).

Could you let me know if there is a way out here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, it can’t be done from within InDesign. Check in the Acrobat forum to see if they can help but the bottom line is that you may get it to work in some browsers but not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link that describes what you can do in Acrobat. I will say that this method does not work in all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob has written an in-depth article about interactive PDFs with interesting follow-up comments from other users:

It's okay to say no to interactive PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I had the same problem and the option I used was to publish online (menu/file/publish online). This way the links open in a new page. When publishing, I kept selected the option "allow viewers to download the document as a PDF (print)", so that the client can download the PDF. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines