• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks to pages not working (in part) after exporting as Interactive PDF

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue for years which buggs me, so thought to ask the question here:

I have a document with a contents page from where i link to the designated pages via the Hyperlink window where i set it to link to the page. No Shared Destination links etc.

After exporting as an interactive PDF, I notice that some of the links work yet others don't, although the setup of those links ws exactly the same. When the text runs over 2 lines using a forced paragraph break, often only 1 line of the hyperlink will be active while he other part has no linking on it after export (but i did select all the text to be linked during setup, not just one line).

Is this a bug? Am i doing something wrong?
If it is a bug, it's been one running throughout various InDesign versions (as I've had this issue for years, on different computers)

FYI: that same document was originally made up in another language (by myself), and there all links worked fine after export. The setup for linking was done exactly the same. It's so weird.. The hyperlink panel also shows there are no errors.

Hopefully someone can help me out on this?
Cheers! Jonas

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Is there any reason why you don't use the table of contents functionality from which you can create from the heading styles and that wil automaticallly link to the page you want when outputting, even if you have line breaks..?

Might be worth having a good read up on this..

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/creating-table-contents.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Agree, the Table of Contents feature should be used for this purpose. It may sound like a lot of work to re-do, but *if* you've used Paragraph styles, or if you can add them to the text that you need to appear in the TOC, it's not much work at all, and will be much more reliable in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason why you don't use the table of contents functionality from which you can create from the heading styles and that wil automaticallly link to the page you want when outputting, even if you have line breaks..?

Might be worth having a good read up on this..

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/creating-table-contents.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, the Table of Contents feature should be used for this purpose. It may sound like a lot of work to re-do, but *if* you've used Paragraph styles, or if you can add them to the text that you need to appear in the TOC, it's not much work at all, and will be much more reliable in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, i will definetely change my approach then 🙂 Seems I've been doing it all wrong!
Cheers, Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines