• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to data merge my from csv/txt file but the words get messed inside InDesign.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The language used in the data sheet is Bengali, if I open the data sheet, the words are okay, but inside InDesign, the combined letters order is misplaced despite of using the same font!

I have tried csv, text separated with comma, tab. If I type any of these words inside the InDesign manually, the words are perfect, but in data merge preview I am having problem! Tried few solutions from the web but still no luck!

HELALmhu_0-1700634876540.png

Actual word format: 

HELALmhu_1-1700634945569.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @HELALmhu ,

my recommendation for the source data file is TEXT with UTF16 encoding.

Make a little sample of your source data file available so that we can test something.

Also state the font you like to use. Plus version of InDesign and operating system.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines