• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't see all font family in InDesign?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come I can't see all of the version of a font family in InDesign? The font is a Google font, Albert Sans. In Illustrstor I can se all 18, but not in InDesign (version 18.1, PC).

From InDesign:

Albert-sans_InDesign.jpg

From Illustrator:

Albert-sans_Illustrator.jpg

From PowerPoint:

Albert-sans_PowerPoint.jpg

Why the diffence and how can I see them all in InDesign?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

That should be enough, on a PC. Macs have somewhat more compartmented font handling.

Have you rebooted since installing the font? That's not often an issue but worth trying.

And... has ID simply grouped the fonts awkwardly, as it sometimes does with these very large sets? In the Control bar at top, under each of those font names, are there subsidiary versions in the second drop-down?

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1673538876830.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you install the font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC?
Right click -> install for all users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be enough, on a PC. Macs have somewhat more compartmented font handling.

Have you rebooted since installing the font? That's not often an issue but worth trying.

And... has ID simply grouped the fonts awkwardly, as it sometimes does with these very large sets? In the Control bar at top, under each of those font names, are there subsidiary versions in the second drop-down?

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1673538876830.png

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filling a bit stupid, not thinking of reboot. Every IT experts first question, but it worked. 
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, all the old jokes about how a Microsoft car would require everyone to get out, then get back in... 🙂

But it is pretty fundamental that any changes at a system level, especially with third-party fiiles, might require a reboot. Glad it worked. (I only reboot my system about every 90 days, so I am often running into little glitches caused by some app or utility patiently waiting its turn...)

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines