• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'd like to see all the fonts I've used in an InD book

Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My publisher wants to know what fonts I've used in typesetting their books. Can I search an InD book and see the fonts in all of the documents? For instance, our typical fonts are Adobe Garamond Pro and Avenir LT Pro, but often we use Symbol or one of the Wingdings. 

Also, how great it would be to do a Find/Replace Font search for a whole book instead of going chapter by chapter!

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

If you go to File > Package you will see under the Font tab a list of the fonts used in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

FYI, @Susan Culligan, if it's at all helpful to know, there is a full list of fonts in your exported PDF under Properties. You can also run a preflight check in Acrobat for fonts. I always check the PDF output because sometimes fonts sneak in there that don't show up in the InDesign font panel. These are usually artifacts from a Word import or a space character.

JainLemos_0-1662324621179.png

ETA: Even though Acrobat shows these as Type 1 fonts, they are not (JAF Bernini Sans and Great Vibes are Adobe fonts). I brought t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to File > Package you will see under the Font tab a list of the fonts used in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Book panel flyout menu select Package Book for Print. In the following dialogue click Report to save a text file that contains details about the files. In that text file there is a section listing all the fonts used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, @Susan Culligan, if it's at all helpful to know, there is a full list of fonts in your exported PDF under Properties. You can also run a preflight check in Acrobat for fonts. I always check the PDF output because sometimes fonts sneak in there that don't show up in the InDesign font panel. These are usually artifacts from a Word import or a space character.

JainLemos_0-1662324621179.png

ETA: Even though Acrobat shows these as Type 1 fonts, they are not (JAF Bernini Sans and Great Vibes are Adobe fonts). I brought this up with Adobe some time ago, but they have yet to explain why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Thank you for this, it's very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines