• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to import a multi-page PDF document into InDesign and need help with this

Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign 2019 and Mac OS latest OS and versions of all...

I posted the question on how do I import a multi-page pdf document into InDesign and was told here that it would require a script and was given a link...

I followed the link and am more confused, but believe this can be resolved. The Script I need was said to be included with InDesign, I don't need anything more complex than a simple multi-page import, same size document page size into a ready and empty InDesign document with the same page size and 18 empty pages is what I am trying to do.

Now I cannot find any script included with any of my CS6 on up to my latest CC 2019 version that look anything like a script with the name 'importPDFtoindesign' or something to that effect... I don't know how to activate a script, do you double-click on it from outside InDesign? I think that might be the way...

Anyway, I'm still at square one but know that I need a script... Can anyone please help direct me to the script I need as I am so close but so far away from getting this project going...

tia,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

On my Indesign 2019 you need to go to window>utilities>scripts. You will then find it under application>samples>javascript. It is called 'placeMultipagePDF.jsx'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Indesign 2019 you need to go to window>utilities>scripts. You will then find it under application>samples>javascript. It is called 'placeMultipagePDF.jsx'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ian+Blogs  wrote

This is incredible and worked flawlessly. Thank You so much Ian Blogs for making my working experience with InDesign successful. I'm sure my client will be happy also that I am making progress again...

5 stars or 10 stars, whatever is most, for this help,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked for you.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines