Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID Pasteboard Issue

Participant ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks,

I am running into an ID issue with my pasteboard. It seems there is a linked text frame in limbo but it doesn't allow me to select it to delete it (see screenshot of two spreads below.

Two spreads with linked text boxes.Two spreads with linked text boxes.

I've tried resizing the document to a large 36inX24in and the item in limbo keeps on getting pushed in limbo.

The strange thing is that when I looked at the textbox on the bottom spread (left page) it shows me the hash tag indicating end of content in said text box. See screenshot of end of text.

End of text in text frame.End of text in text frame.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to remove that linked text frame (if any) in limbo outside the ID pasteboard.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

I'd reflow the content into a new doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd reflow the content into a new doc.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also edit the text flow using the InDesign Story Editor. I just shows the text so you can see the text that's hiding. Click in your story, then choose  Edit > Edit in Story Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @r5dsign:

The end of story marker is just the end of the text, the threaded frames can continue. Remember that deleting a frame does not delete content. Have you tried dragging around the frame with the Selection tool to select it, and pressing Delete?

~Barb

2024-05-08_18-35-03 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thought was that although there might be a fix, a file this oddly broken might be best discarded. It seems like moving the content is at the cost of just a few minutes' work and could bypass untold hassles.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried resizing the document to a large 36inX24in

Hi @r5dsign , Did you try enlarging the pasteboard rather than the document? See Preferences>Guides & Pasteboard>Pasteboard Options>Horizontal Margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you could remove any text frames on the pasteboard via a script:

var tf = app.activeDocument.textFrames.everyItem().getElements()
for (var i = 0; i < tf.length; i++){
    if (tf[i].parentPage == null) {
        tf[i].remove()
    } 
};   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really appreciate all the suggestions provided. The easiest way I could find to solve the issue is to move the content into a brand new document. Thank you everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines