• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image prints outside of frame

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue where my client prints their ad proof and the image is not staying inside the image frame. Its actually overlapping the ad text.  Just curious what causes this and if there is anything I can do to prevent it - other than the obvious of cropping images exactly to the frame size....  Is this a printer malfunction? First image is how it look after customer printed, 2nd image is what it should look like. 

Attach0.jpgadPrintIssue.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

This is definitely something on the client's end. I would suggest the client update their version of acrobat reader. I am betting that is the issue.

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the text frame on a layer that is designated non-printing? Use Window > Layers to open the layers panel and double click the layer with the text frame to check.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is on the same layer.  The image is a tiff file and we do send the customer a PDF. - acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4) compatible, standard set to none, compression set to CCITT Group 4 and no color conversion applied.  We have been sending this way for years and this is the first time I have seen this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is a tiff file and we do send the customer a PDF. - acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4) compatible, standard set to none, compression set to CCITT Group 4 and no color conversion applied.  We have been sending this way for years and this is the first time I have seen this.

Is this to a composite color printer? It looks like the print driver might be having a problem with live transparency. You might try sending a flattened PDF (Acrobat 4 Compatibility). And if it's a composite color printer I would convert the color to DocumentRGB in the Output tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what kind of printer the customer is printing it to - its probably just a basic desktop laser printer. We aren't encountering the same issue with our proofing printers. I would bet its a printer driver issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sending them a pdf? What settings? Also, make sure that your image is linked to a file and not a copy/paste.

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is definitely something on the client's end. I would suggest the client update their version of acrobat reader. I am betting that is the issue.

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines