• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images loading Low Res into Indesign - Not related to high quality viewing settings

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running ID 2021 and everytime I place an image in my document it is loading low resolution. I know the image is much higher and it loads in native resolution in .AI and .PS. I have display performance set to "high quality" and even in "overprint preview" it does not preview my native resolution. It exports in low res as well. What is going on? I have never encountered this problem in my decade on Indesign use and can't seem to find the solution anywhere. 

Maybe I will try updating the software?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It exports in low res as well

What is the export resolution? You can open the PDF in AcrobatPro, and check the resolution via Ouput Preview>Object Inspector>click image:

Screen Shot 15.png

Is the PDF resolution different than the Effective Resolution listed in Link Info?

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link staus?

Have you tried resetting the prefs? See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think I solved it. I beleive it had to do with the resolution settings on my rendering software. However the live resolution in .AI and .PSD was still far greater than my Indesign resolution preview, which I still think is odd.

Export resolution 300

Links were connected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the live resolution in .AI and .PSD was still far greater than my Indesign resolution preview,

Hi @Siobhan23531014w4e7 the preview proxy doesn’t have anything to do with the export or output resolution—the output resolution is the Link’s Effective Res (the scaled resolution) listed in the Link Info. You have to take into account the affect of scaling on the placed image—if you scale the image to 200%, the Effective Resolution will be half the .PSD’s Actual resolution.

If the listed Effective Resolution is higher than the for images above setting in the Export>Compression tab, the image will get downsampled to the Compression tab’s Downsample to setting. The default for most print presets is 300ppi, which looks like what you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines