• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not showing In Indesign

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened my Indesign doc, about 200+ pages, and in one specific area (4 pages) my images are not showing, but they are still linked. I tried relinking, but they still don't show. I tried exporting a PDF and they don't show. I don't want to have to replace them all. Suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right-clicking on one of the images and choose Display Performance > High Quality Display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I tried that and it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Chad's response doesn't solve irt, a screen shot would be very helpful to diagnosing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the frames? Or nothing at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried changing the display mode, but hat doe not solve it. Here is a screen capture:

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.32.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.32.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mau be the images are outside the frame. What do you see if you stry to select the frame content with the white arrow?

Capture d’écran 2022-05-06 à 23.33.53.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the images are not outside the frame. Yesterday I exported a PDF of these pages and everything worked fine. Today I opened the file and I can't see the images. The image frame is there and the link symbol shows, but no visible image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

----------

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click the link to the image location (the page number where the image is located) next to the image name in the Links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I exported a PDF of these pages and everything worked fine. Today I opened the file and I can't see the images.

What version of InDesign?

Expounding on what has already been offered: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

I would focus on Damaged Files and the link to Restoring All Preferences, which goes further that just resetting preferences with a keyboard shortcut. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do the package of your indd. Is indd from a package still have this problem? (if yes - do relink to images and save it).

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines