• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported images with white background coming in with a grey background

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed over the last few months that when I import a graphic into InDesign that has a transparent or white background from Illustrator, it comes in with a light grey background instead of white. It is something to do with the colour profiles but I’ve tried everything and can't get rid of it. If I export to PDF using Zip instead of JPG compression that seems to make a difference. Also when I export to PDF as a print ready file it goes away.

My Creative Cloud is synced across apps to use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2:2004) this has always produced the right results until an Adobe update. This is causing me a problem as I'm trying to print something out on an Epson printer and it's now printing it!

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be misunderstanding, I appoligize. Is the grey box is showing up in inDesign only?

Does it go away when you change the Display performance to High Quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seems to be just Indesign. It doesn't go away on high quality. Its something to do with RGB images placed I think, I've tried changing the colour. I changed my CMYK doc to an RGB transparency blend space and it went. If I just made an RGB document and placed the same images it's back again and prints out with the grey background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you make your linked image CMYK (the same profile as your inDesign working space) it might go away (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that trying to narrow it down. My colour workflow worked perfectly before with exactly the same assets so it's a bug that has appeared since an upgrade as nothing else has changed on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, sometimes my colour settings need to be "re-synchronized" (using bridge) after an update -- Not every time though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines