• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PDF comments out of order

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've noticed that imported PDF comments appear in InDesign's PDF Comments list in a completely different order than they appear in Acrobat's comments list. Acrobat seems to adhere to a top-to-bottom, left-to-right order, which makes sense. But InDesign lists them in random order. I think it's displaying them in the chronological order that the comments were created? The result is, as you click through the comments in InDesign, the cursor jumps randomly all over the page. (Hey, at least they're grouped by page!)

I like to follow along with the Acrobat window also open, so I can scan for formatting like bold and italic (that's another feature deficient in InDesign) and apply the necessary local formatting after accepting a change. But I have to jump up and down in Acrobat's list to find the corresponding comments, because InDesign's order is so weird. Is there a way to have the comment order match up?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure how to fix this for you.

But if you create a Comment Summary - it should be in chronological order. And you should see the bold/italics applied.

Might make it easier to follow alongside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I think the only answer really is to have Adobe fix the display order of comments in InDesign so that it matches Acrobat. Even if you don't have to match it up with the PDF, if there are a lot of comments you'll find it difficult to follow the cursor as it jumps maddeningly all over the page when you step through the comment list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines