• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Cambria math from MSWord to InDesign

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an option or plugin to have Cambria math equations converted to an InDesign document. The current method of exporting Cambria math into a pdf and then an .eps is a very inefficient way of doing equations for a publication, especially if there are many of them. I can't believe that Adobe hasn't been able to solve this. It's a production and proofing nightmare.

If anyone knows of a better way, please inform me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

I do have the font. It is specific to Cambria math. I am used to using MathType and converting those equations to pdfs.

I assume MathTools is a plugin, which I will investigate since I deal with many equations.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexisp,

Please check if your system has Cambria math font installed or not?

For MAC: Open Font Book, click all font and check if you that font there

For details click here:  Mac Basics: Font Book - Apple Support

For Windows : Open Control Panel > Font

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your problem related to all equations, or specific to the use of Cambria (Math) inside (some of) those equations? You seem to equate these two.

I agree with

The current method of exporting Cambria math into a pdf and then an .eps is a very inefficient way of doing equations for a publication, especially if there are many of them ...

but, then again, why are you doing it this way? InDesign can import PDF; you don't have to convert it to EPS (which in fact is the opposite of the recommended workflow).

Adobe does not need to solve this. The best way of getting equations out of Word, into InDesign, in an editable form (..!), is with the commercial product MathTools: movemen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the font. It is specific to Cambria math. I am used to using MathType and converting those equations to pdfs.

I assume MathTools is a plugin, which I will investigate since I deal with many equations.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using Cambria Math font in MathType, please be aware we advise against that: MathType: Spacing issues in matrices and piecewise functions​.

Bob Mathews

Design Science (makers of MathType)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines