Exit

Impossible to share the elements of the library with Indesing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

(sorry about my english..)

We have adobe suite and work on indesign with shared library. Since today , only the administator of the 

library can take element and put them on his Indesing document. The other personne (there authorisation are ok ) can't do it. When they are taking an object of the library they receive this message "the document is already open by somone else " .
If somebody get a solution .. Thank

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Thank for answer

I resolve the trouble by updating Indesign. (I didn't wanted to do it .. but it's working now 😉

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is right.

By default, when an InDesign library is open, it's essentially assigned to the person who has it opened.

There is a work-around, though. Take a look at this article linked below and see if it helps:

Sharing an InDesign Library between users

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always get the same trouble ..

Thank anyway Randy,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then unfortunately all I can suggest is distributing the library file to the desktop level to get you past the issue.

Do this with just one system first, because you may or may not have to relink the library elements, based on where the current library is located and whether the library elements have relative or absolute network links to the library file. Once you have established the absolute network links, it should be safe to distribute the file throughout the network.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for answer

I resolve the trouble by updating Indesign. (I didn't wanted to do it .. but it's working now 😉

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very cool. I'm glad to hear you're past your problem.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines