• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In my large document, I have a list of five sentences with bullets.

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hibru305572725zfd_0-1722866444392.png

In my large document, I have a list of five sentences with bullets. I want to change the first sentence to be italicized and remove its bullet.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Highlight the first line and click on the Bulleted list icon and it will remove the bullet in the first line, whilst it's highted select Italic in the font drop-down menu (assuming the font you've chosen does have an italic and it's installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

You could certainly search for the text (including the paragraph return at the end) and hopefully the current paragraph style--then change it to a new paragraph style without the bullet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the first line and click on the Bulleted list icon and it will remove the bullet in the first line, whilst it's highted select Italic in the font drop-down menu (assuming the font you've chosen does have an italic and it's installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking how to do this just once or multiple times throughout the entire document?

Are you using paragraph styles?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is alot of sentence like this which is starting by saying "service charge".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could certainly search for the text (including the paragraph return at the end) and hopefully the current paragraph style--then change it to a new paragraph style without the bullet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. To clarify, FIND "Service Charge" and specify the bullet paragraph style. CHANGE to "Service Charge" and specify a defined heading style that leads the group the way you wish it to.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example...

Original:

image.png

With Find/Change dialog box filled out:

Notes:

Make SURE there is nothing in the Change To area or your text will be replaced with it.

I realized I had a space between "Charge" and the paragraph return code; I took it out but did not redo the screen capture.

image.png

Result after clicking Change All button:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Hibru Ethiopian

So you were able to fix your text - or just received "good" original? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines