Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Bleed in PDF Exports from InDesign vs. Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble with export to pdf with bleed. When I export the same file from indesign and illustrator, bleeds are just notr the same. I have indesign file with numeration with dimensions 80x150mm + 3 mm bleed and ai file with the same dimensions. When I export to pdf from both programs artboard dimension stays the same but bleed is different.

IDD file:

mediab14154522_0-1723030570167.png

AI file:

mediab14154522_1-1723030585255.png

PDF export (first one - Indesign file has actual 3mm bleed and Illustrator file has actual 5mm bleed when printed):

mediab14154522_2-1723030741466.png

In indesign I use options High quality print and in Marks and in bleeds settings I check the boxes Crop marks and Use document bleed settings. In Illustrator I use export options High quality print and in Marks and in bleeds settings I check the boxes Trim marks and Use document bleed settings.

If I save the same file from Illustrator in Indesign than the bleeds are aligned.

Any idea why this problem occurs?

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots of the export dialogs from both apps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mediab14154522,

I hope you are doing well.

We wanted to follow up on the status of your issue. Were you able to resolve it? If so, please share the solution that worked for you, as it may help others in the community experiencing a similar issue.

Feel free to update the discussion if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not talking about bleeds, you experience different register and cut marks setting. 

Noormally they are not needed at all in modern times. If they are different, it does not matter, they are cut away anyway. Why do you think you will need them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines