• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy CC2024 - Track Changes in a table causes app to hang when opening an assignment

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening an assignment that contains a table, it will hang InCopy.

Affected versions 19.0, 19.0.1, 19.1

Here are some steps to recreate the issue yourself.

1. Create a new plain InDesign Document and save it to a folder somewhere

2. Create a text frame and add a couple of lines of text

3. Add a table with a few columns & rows  ( i used 4x8 )

4. Populate some of the cells with text.

5. In text input mode, with the caret in the box, Enable track changes for the story with the "Type -> Track Changes -> Track Changes in Current Story" menu

6. Change the text in one of the cells by selecting it all and overtyping with a new word.

7. Right click the box and use the context menu to create a new assignment.

8. Ensure the assignment is up to date in the assignments panel and deal with any yellow triangle warnings it may show so the story is up to date.

9. Now switch to InCopy

10. Open the .inca file created in step 7

11. Note that InCopy will hang if the view mode is Galley or Story

12. If you force the view mode to be layout by setting it without any document open then it will work correctly. However, if you switch to either Galley or Story mode it will once again hang InCopy

I have attached a sample InDesign file to demonstrate the issue.

You will need to recreate the article yourself as I cannot attach the files here.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , InCopy workflow , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jamesey2001,

Thank you for reaching out. I tested this on the latest InDesign version, 19.1, and macOS Ventura 13.3, and I could not reproduce the issue on a fresh InCopy installation. Can you reset the preferences for InCopy by following the steps shared here and testing again? Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stop using assignments and just open the INDD file in InCopy. Does it still freeze? What are the system specs for the InCopy users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines