• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INDD Page Count skipping pages - without using sections for pages shuffling later

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you skip pages other than the usual- NONE  Master or start a new section? (this doesn't allow for the page itself not to be counted while auto page numbering)

Ex: Cover, TOC, Tab (not in page count) 4 pages in page count (Tab 2 not in page count) 3 pages (Tab 3 not in page count) 5 pages, (1 page not in page count) 2 pages, (Tab not in page count...) 

I can go in a throw each page following a Tab as a new section and assign the page number. However, let's say the above changes... 

Ex: Cover, TOC, Tab (not in page count) 2 pages in page count (Tab 2 not in page count) 5 pages (Tab 3 not in page count) 3 pages, (1 page not in page count) 2 pages, (Tab not in page count...) ......... now your section following tab 2 previously would be starting on page 5. With the shift it would start of page 3- only in sections you told it to start of page 5 (which was previously correct). So the minute pages move- your section numbering would have to change manually. 

I'm wondering if I missed a fabulous update that allows you to just "skip" pages and allow the automotatic numbering to continue to flow (while skipping the asigned pages). 

I use this often at work when you have a document with say 20 or 30 page count maximum- but covers and tabs for example are not included in the page count. 

Maybe I missed a very useful update and you know the hack that will make my day!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very hard to discern what you're talking about - visuals are far better or a sample file what you want to achieve

Do you mean like this?

EugeneTyson_0-1664608000315.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SAM_801 ,

if you want auto page numbering you have to work with page sections that start a new customized counting.

That's how auto page numbering can pick up page numbers or page names.

Moving pages around at this point is no good idea. So I would do the section numbering at the final stage of your publication.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines