Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 15.1.3 missing from Creative Cloud app

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an IT guy that supports several designers. We have a particular plugin that requires InDesign 2020 (last version 15.1.3). I have always been able to open the Creative Cloud app on their Macs and select other versions of InDesign and version 15.1.3 has been available.....until today. I have a user that now the oldest available download is version 16.0. All Adobe support pages indicate that 15.1.3 is still available. If I open CC on my machine it also shows available. 

Also note the end user is on macOS Big Sir. I am also on Big Sir but maybe it see 15.1.3 because I already have it downloaded? 

Does anyone know how I can get 15.1.3 to download on this user's machine? 

Please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if I look at the system requirements for InDesign 2020 for Macs, macOS Big Sur 11.5 is not listed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements/2020.html

macOS
Multicore Intel processor

Operating system
macOS version 10.15 (Catalina)
macOS version 10.14 (Mojave)
macOS version 10.13 (High Sierra)

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird thing is I reinstalled my laptop a month ago with macOS Big Sir and I was able to still download InDesign 15.1.3. 

It seems to have dissappeared as an option in the last month. 

Is there anything I can do to get 15.1.3 short of reinstalling the end users computer to rollback to Catalina?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I cannot tell. I'm on Windows 10.

Looks like Adobe recently removed the support for macOS Big Sur with InDesign 2020.

Could have happend with an update of the CC Desktop App.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask the obvious: Does your user's CC app have "Show Older Apps" checked in the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That is how I typically install the 2020 version of InDesign. Just now it only goes back to InDesign 16.0.

15.1.3 (the last version of 2020) is not there now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you using Admin Console? If yes, please follow this helpful article to find the older version.

If not, then I'd agree with Uwe's response. You may follow this helpful article for more information about Adobe's Creative Cloud support policy.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is only a couple of months old. But the "Available application.." is not in my admin console. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi winkler.dane,

are you managing an Enterprise version of InDesign?

I'd suggest you open a new thread on this.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know if it's an Enterprise version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I log into my Admin Console and click on Account the type states, "VIP"

2021-12-03_12-08-31.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. This is really a different case.

Please open a new thread.

From your screenshot I think you are managing an InDesign Server version and not InDesign desktop.

I have no idea if InDesign Server is already available for e.g. InDesign 2022.

Or if your license allows you to download and use an older version like InDesign Server 2020.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both actually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screenshot it says:
Adobe InDesign Server Limited | InCopy | InDesign

I am licensed for all of that

I am trying to Install InDesign 15.1.3 but it does not appear in the CC app, no matter what I do. Very difficult to deal with. This was never a problem until end of November. From April 2020 - until Nov it was always available. I changed nothing on my end and now I can't find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same problem but with the release of the 2023 versions even the support team can't provide the 15.1.3 anymore. Now the CC app provides versions back to v17.0 and the support team can give me a link back to only v16.0. Does anyone found a way to get the 15.1.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the answer? 

For 2020, you have to call Adobe for that version--however, you will only get the dot-oh version, not the updates.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I did. I also contacted the support both chatting and talking with different levels but they said that since the release of the 2023 versions they no longer provide the 15.0 but only the 16.0 and above. And now also in the Creative Cloud app the oldest version available is the 17.0 and not the 16.0 anymore. That's what I was trying to point out asking if anyone knows another way to get the 2020 version now that the situation changed.

Thanks anyways for letting me clarify it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @umberto manto ,

if you have a backup of your Applications folder you could try to restore the old InDesign 2020 version.

Tried this successfully once on Windows 10. Also if you have access to another machine where InDesign 2020 is still running.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines