• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 17.0 Opacity/Transparency Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in InDesign 17.0. When I place a square of color over an image, then drop the opacity to 75%, the picture behind it (which is on a locked layer) lightens up. When selecting the image, the opacity still shows 100%. I've gone back to a previous version (16.4) and it is still having this issue.

How do I stop the opacity from effecting what isn't selected?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brittani Ashley, Is this for print output or screen viewing? If it’s for print turn on Overprint Preview to get a print preview in your document’s assigned CMYK space. If it is for screen viewing set your Transparency Blend Space to Document RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rob day , this is for screen viewing. I've already assigned it to RGB, but the transparency still effects other locked layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I've also been doing the same thing for over three years and this is the first time that this has ever happened. I don't know if that helps or not. (Most recently on Monday 11/1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the image that’s being affected a grayscale? Can you share the ID page and the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rob day - sorry for the delay. The image is full CMYK, though it is a black and white photograph. I've used these type of images several times and never had this issue, which is why I'm so confused. I'm not sure what the ID Page is, but the images have been attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to say what’s going on looking at screen captures. Can you share the example InDesign document you are making the capture from, and the image—either via your CC account or some other file sharing service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines