• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 18.0 beeps when opening any dialog box or window

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a weird problem and I haven't been able to find anything online about it with a casual search. Hoping someone here might know something. I recently updated InDesign to the newest version (18.0). After I did that, I am unable to open any window or dialog box from the top menu without getting a Windows "warning beep." In fact, the beeps keep repeating for as long as the window/box is open. I never had this problem witn ID before, and none of the other Apps I use (Ps, Id, etc.) do this and they are all updated, as well. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using Windows 11 22H2.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Hi @mat-z,

A similiar issue has been identified to be caused by some conflicts with the DisplayFusion app. See the following discussion for more details

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/adobe-indesign-2023-plays-sound-in-save-dialog/m-p/13282175#M498081

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there perhaps another dialog box open when you start up requiring your attention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I haven't seen anything, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mat-z,

A similiar issue has been identified to be caused by some conflicts with the DisplayFusion app. See the following discussion for more details

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/adobe-indesign-2023-plays-sound-in-save-dialog/m...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I do have Display Fusion, so that might be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the Title Bar Buttons in Display Fusion did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SOOOO MUCCHHHH! This wouldn't have occurred to me in a million years. I'm SO grateful not to have to deal with this anymore. My only solution had been to mute my speakers, which was inconvenient to say the least.  Now if I could only get my cursor to stop jumping off to the side -- not an InDesign bug, just a general Win 10 problem, I think, but my next one to tackle. I hope I have as much luck with that as you've given me with this one. šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines