• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 19.4 crashes if you apply a Style Pack to multiple selected unthreaded text frames

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2024 19.4 crashes if you apply a Style Pack to multiple selected unthreaded text frames. In previous versions this worked just fine.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Hi @Micha Beißer,

Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks for sharing the requested info. I am able to reproduce the issue on my machine and have already found a bug logged for it. It looks like you've also submitted the UserVoice link for the bug as well.

I am adding the UserVoice Link here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/48543233 for tracking purposes.

The team is working on it and you'll see the fix coming up in upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a quick test and it seemed to work. Just a thought, how much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 GB RAM and 345 GB spare hard disk capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if resetting the InDesign preferences might help or at least see if that's the issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Micha Beißer,

I'm sorry to hear InDesign is crashing while applying style packs. In addition to what our expert has suggested, could you please share the details of your operating system? Also, could you share a short video of the issue? 

Does that happen with a specific file or all files? Have you submitted the crash report in the crash dialog box? 

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

deleting the InDesign preferences doesn't help.

I am using an Apple MacBook Pro with M2 Max Chip. 32 GB RAM. Operating System macOS Ventura 13.6.7.

InDesign version 19.4.

In InDesign version 19.1. it worked fine.

InDesign only crashes when applying style packs to multiple unthreaded text frames. If the text frames are threaded it works fine.

Regards,

Micha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash occurs every time in all files. Yes, I have submitted the crash dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Micha Beißer,

Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks for sharing the requested info. I am able to reproduce the issue on my machine and have already found a bug logged for it. It looks like you've also submitted the UserVoice link for the bug as well.

I am adding the UserVoice Link here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/48543233 for tracking purposes.

The team is working on it and you'll see the fix coming up in upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> Adobe Community
> HARSHIKA_VERMA (Adobe-Mitarbeiter) hat Sie in einem Beitrag erwähnt! Diskutieren Sie mit:[InDesign Discussions] Re: InDesign crashes if you apply a Style Pack to multiple selected unthreaded text frames
>
>
> Hi @Micha Beißer,
>
> Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks for sharing the requested info. I am able to reproduce the issue on my machine and have already found a bug logged for it.
>
> Could you share an InDesign packaged file with an unthreaded text frame with me via a private message so we can investigate further with the product team?
>
> We'll try our best to investigate the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Harshika
> Antworten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines