• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 20 Page transitions not displaying correctly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to turn a 32-page document into an interactive PDF with page transitions using the latest version of InDesign on a Windows 10 machine. I have selected Wipe Left Up for a Two-Up (Cover Page) interactive PDF. However, when it opens in full screen mode in Acrobat Pro (latest version), it only displays as Wipe Right. I have tried exporting with different file names but no luck. I have also tried other transitions and they all display as Wipe Right. Anybody else have the same problem or is this a PEBKAC?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi Paul:

I think it might be that particular InDeign file.

So try saving that file to .idml, then save as to a new .indd. Then try again.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul:

What version of InDesign? 15 or 15.0.1? What PDF export settings? What version of Acrobat?

It's working as expected for me. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Barb.

Thanks for the quick response. I am using InDesign 15.0.1 x64 and Acrobat Pro DC ver. 2019.021.20058. Attached is screen capture of the settings. I updated Acrobat on Fridasy, redistilled the PDF again this morning and the problem is still there.

Screen Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the transitions in the document itself and then choose From Document in the Page Transitions dropdown.

And please note, you did not distill this PDF, you exported it. And yes, that is a major difference. Do not confuse them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob.

Didn't work. I set the transitions in the Pages/Page Attributes/Page Transitions/Choose and then selected the Page Transition from the pop-up menu. Selected Wipe/Left Up/Medium. I then printed the document as a.ps file and distilled it through Acobat Distiller. The document came out fine but there were no transitions. When I Export the file, however, I do get page transitions, but they are only Wipe/Right/Medium. That's what is not working -- no matter what transition I set, it somes out always Wipe/Right/Medium. My world has always been print so I don't do this very often at all, and previous versions of InDesign allowed for transitions to be exported in SWF, which was very easy to do. But that option is gone in the newer versions of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot distill an interactive PDF. I must be done using the export command.

As for SWF, it's DEAD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob.

Yeah, I had been Exporting the interactive file, but when I set the transition to what I want in InDesign (Wipe/Left Up/Slow), it always plays the transitions as Wipe/Right/Medium. That's the rub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something you can duplicate on multiple files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a few transitions here and everything is working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be that particular InDeign file. I tried another file and the transitions worked fine. Fortunately, the original file was just a sample that a client wanted to see. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul:

I think it might be that particular InDeign file.

So try saving that file to .idml, then save as to a new .indd. Then try again.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb.

That seems to have worked for the file. Thanks for the suggestion, and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Barb (and thanks Paul for bringing out the question since Ive been experiencing the same issue),
but in my case even saving as a new file (first as idml and then as indd with a new name) the issue persists. Im more of a beginner with this type of interactiveness, so my question is if in my case the issue could be with workspace choices of other details? cause I usually use the Advanced workspace and never encounter these sort of problems. even exporting in svg suddonly dissapeared as an option, regardless of the workspace I choose.

not sure if you or Paul can help, but thanks in advance for any time you can give to my question.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using ID 2021. Saving as idml, then resaving didn't work for me either. None of the transitions work. Tried saving sevearl times with various settings like open in full screen, etc. Nada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stersonpean :

Will you please share your Pages panel, so that we can see that the transitions were applied, and your PDF export options? (The equivalent screen shot of Paul's screen shot so that we can confirm that you are setting this up correctly.) 

And please confirm that you are opening up the file in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (not in a browser or a 3rd party PDF viewer) and that the file is in Full Screen view.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here you go.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.56.53 AM.png

... and yes, opening in acrobat on desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stersonpean:

Open in Full Screen view isn't enabled. What happens if you enable it—and enable View after Exporting—and export again? Be sure to close any open PDFs in Acrobat before you do.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for responding.

Enabled full screen and view after exporting, no transitions.

Tried turning one off and the other on and vise versa, no transitions.

Turned flip pages every 5 seconds on and off, no transitions.

These test iPDFs had videos in them, so I deleted them and just have three pages with buttons on them that go to next or previous pages with a rollover effect. Pretty simple. Did all the above and still no transitions. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happening here - Is this a 2021 glitch? I've been using page transitions for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me. Never had any problems with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No repsons? Maybe it helps to tell that the page transitions on windows machines work perfect. Might there be a problem with Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same issue with page transitions?!

Big Sur hause caused me so many issues. I'm assuming this is another one to add to the list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here. experiencing the same things. also the running out of memory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem. Even old PDFs that I created that worked with transitions now fail. I just get an ugly cut from one page to the next. I am using MacOS BigSur 11.6 using the latest versions of InDesign and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, tried all the suggestions and nothing working. MacOS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines