• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2018 Library either the file does not exist, you do not have permission....

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in placing any item from  cc library that i get the error Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application.

I tried to change library name from illustrator , uninstalled and reinstalled indesign 2018 from cc desktop

What can I do else ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and type cmd + option + R (Mac) or ctrl + alt + R (Windows). This will relaunch the CC desktop application and all related processes. Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem myself a while back and didn't get a straight answer on why this happened. For starters, I'd try signing out of Creative Cloud via the CC desktop application and then quit the CC application. Then relaunch and re-sign in and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, try creating a new Library and then you can select the assets from your old library and copy them to the new one via the CC Libraries panel menu. I was frustrated too but finally got it worked out. Haven't had any issues since though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply

I made your two solutions but the problem still here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a forum specifically for handling CC Library questions as well as syncing and collaboration questions:

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

At the top you can search for existing questions and answers. If that doesn't help, scroll to the bottom to ask a question specifically for you by clicking on "Still Have Questions...Start a New Discussion"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new library and moved the assets to it ... the problem solved but when i closed the program and opened it again the problem go back again

Any help !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you posted in the forum I referred to above? The people there may be more helpful:

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted in this forum since 2 days but no answer yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I quit all applications and relaunched CC and it didn't work at all.  I can only place .pdf's and .jpg's.  Nothing else will place in a document. I get this message every time: "EITHER THE FILE DOES NOT EXIST, YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION, OR THE FILE MAY BE USED IN ANOTHER APPLICATION". This is a new Mac and I'm trying to place files from my iCloud drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use iCloud but other cloud services have a smart sync feature. That would allow you to see the files on your harddrive but they'd have to download before you could place them. If that is indeed the case, turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help please !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and type cmd + option + R (Mac) or ctrl + alt + R (Windows). This will relaunch the CC desktop application and all related processes. Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks for you bro .

Finally problem solved after relaunching cc desktop (  ctrl + alt + R  )

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It didn't work for me.  Not sure where to go from here??? I need help!  I am having the exact same problem.  I quit all applications and relaunched CC and it didn't work at all.  I can only place .pdf's and .jpg's.  Nothing else will place in a document. I get this message every time: "EITHER THE FILE DOES NOT EXIST, YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION, OR THE FILE MAY BE USED IN ANOTHER APPLICATION". This is a new Mac and I'm trying to place files from my iCloud drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines