• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2018 "Some files required for colour management are missing"

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clearing out a lot of old Adobe folders that apparently did nothing, I now get the following error when starting InDesign:

"Some files required for colour management are missing. Please re-install the application to ensure proper functioning."

I've tried reinstalling and updating InDesign, but that didn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

- Richard

Adobe CC InDesign, MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.13.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Try using the CC Cleaner Tool:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Also, the required profiles and color settings live in this folder on OSX:

StartUpDrive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles

Screen Shot 2.png

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you first uninstall the program completely before you reinstalled? You have to run the uninstaller that can be found within the Creative Cloud desktop app before you reinstall. The uninstaller can be found in the apps section of the desktop app by clicking on the “V” to the right of the application you want to uninstall in the drop-down menu that will appear. After you run the uninstaller then reinstall through the  desktop app as well. Please note that during the install you should see an Advanced Option offering. In its drop-down menu you should make sure that ”Import previous settings and preferences” is unchecked. Leaving this checked has lead to performance issues for many. You should also make sure that any previous preference files have been deleted before you reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you first uninstall the program completely before you reinstalled? You have to run the uninstaller that can be found within the Creative Cloud desktop app before you reinstall.

I did that.

Please note that during the install you should see an Advanced Option offering. In its drop-down menu you should make sure that ”Import previous settings and preferences” is unchecked. Leaving this checked has lead to performance issues for many. You should also make sure that any previous preference files have been deleted before you reinstall.

The option ”Import previous settings and preferences” wasn't available when I installed InDesign. But when I uninstalled, I selected the option to delete InDesign's preferences.

And all that didn't work. Still getting the error.

- Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem that the Adobe files you cleared out that you thought were doing nothing were, in fact, doing something. Since reinstalling the program did not restore everything you need then it might be necessary to contact customer support. They would be more able to run a full diagnostic on your system, in order to figure out what files you are actually missing, than a user to user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the CC Cleaner Tool:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Also, the required profiles and color settings live in this folder on OSX:

StartUpDrive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles

Screen Shot 2.png

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks rob day. I uninstalled InDesign and used the cleaner tool, and InDesign started up normally after reinstalling.

- Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem with Indesign 2020 and using AVGTuneUp. This cleaning tool removed also useful files. Restoring them from backup resolved my Indesign Startup Alert.

I will remove the AVG Tuneup Cleaning Tool to avoid other problems with my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines