Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2019 edit with Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Problem, if I select “edit original” on a jpeg Windows stock Photo viewer opens. If I select open with, the only option is Illustrator 2019. I can open only if I

choose other and navigate to Photoshop 2019. How do I at least get it to stay as an option along side Illustrator at least. I tried all the association suggestions in Bridge, they’re all set to Photoshop 2019. There isn’t a way to change it in Windows default associations either. Ideas?

Had it all figured out in CS6 All downhill from there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

In Windows Explorer, right click a jpeg file, Properties and change that Photo Viewer to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to InDesign

Indesign uses whatever is defined with the OS for the edit operation. If it shows Illustrator, Illustrator has been associated with rhat file type.

What is your OS and version?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Windows 10 and I can’t seem to force Phoroshop upon it for jpegs?

odd company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Explorer, right click a jpeg file, Properties and change that Photo Viewer to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, though, InDesign opens the original artwork in a program that wasn’t used to create it or can’t even edit it properly. It opens .jpegs in OS X’s Preview, for example, or vector .eps’s in Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Abambo points out, Edit Original doesn't open up the program that creates it. It opens up the application designed in your OS to open up that file type. Change that setting on the Macintosh by selecting the file in the Finder. Choose File > Get Info. From the menu of applications choose the proper application for that file. If you want to change it for all files of that type, choose Change All:

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 5.30.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martinj53911601  wrote

Sometimes, though, InDesign opens the original artwork in a program that wasn’t used to create it or can’t even edit it properly. It opens .jpegs in OS X’s Preview, for example, or vector .eps’s in Photoshop Elements mybkexperience.

Any suggestion??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Martin,

You appear to be working on a Mac. Read through the messages and I provided an answer for changing the application that opens up your file in the messages above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks and thanks for your help thus far.

More info.

1: my system/OS is Windows 10

2: windows 10 doesn’t seem to want let me change the association for jpeg. I haven’t tested using a specific pad although I am a psd would have to open in an Adobe Product, yes?

3: cc 2017 and windows7 I didn’t have this problem.

4: if I can at least get it to having Photoshop 2019 listed under “open with” I will be quite happy. Why it lists Illustrator as an option is a puzzle to me.

5: I also have a MacBook Pro there is no issue with this as pointed out above (thanks).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines