• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2019 not working properly on mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indd not working properly after installing OS Catalina yesterday. Selection tools not working. I've tried restarting a bunch of times and also have uninstalled and reinstalled indd with the same issue eventually happening. Any fixes out there? Greatly appreciate any suggestions! I am unable to work in indd. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

New operating systems are always susceptible to unreported and/or unfixed bugs. That's why you shouldn't update a production computer unless you've made a complete backup (so you can revert if you have to) and you're cautious about doing an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Hi everyone.

I was having the same problem for almost 2 months. 

This solved my problem:

Go to your system preferences >  security and privacy > files and folders > click all the boxes under Indesign and Illustrator

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 12.25.44 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here. CC 2019 works fine with Catalina on my two Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? InDesign CS6 or earlier won't install at all. Current versions were not tested with macOS Catalina. Probably only the version due out in November with the Adobe MAX conference was tested to work witn Catalina.

macOS Catalina is the End of the Road for InDesign CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on InDesign CC 14.0, which I believe is the latest and greatest? Any suggestions why the sudden bug would pop up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.0.3 is the latest version. Please try to update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New operating systems are always susceptible to unreported and/or unfixed bugs. That's why you shouldn't update a production computer unless you've made a complete backup (so you can revert if you have to) and you're cautious about doing an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to an older system. Wait. Learn caution: this happens with every new system. You were brave to go so early. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dana,

We are sorry to hear about this. In addition to the suggestions shared above, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Does updating InDesign to 14.0.3 helped to resolve the issue?
  • Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there.
  • If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 
    Go to Terminal (Go > Utilities > Terminal.app) 
    Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission:
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problems too since upgrading. When reopening InDesign files that were created before the upgrade I'm discovering documents are not loading correct images (this is random throughout the doc) while the preflight panel is not showing any problems. When exporting to pdf, get notices that URLs are missing although links panel is showing everything is updated. Currently using InDesign 14.0.3. It's unfortunate that the most common advice is to run and hide. Adobe needs to hear about issues from real life users/situations and help figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Few screenshots of the issue.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem now. My image files are in the same place, but every single indesign document I have ever created has blank images (like the links are broken). Even if I relink the images, it still will not let me save a PDF. Is says there is errors however no errors are shown.

We have had no help from Adobe. Apart from them telling us that we must have moved images and we simply have to relink everything. 

Relinking images will help fix the indd file but still will not allow us now to generate a pdf.

So every working file ever created on our macs are useless. (5 years of work...gone)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aidanj,

We're so sorry to hear about this issue. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, please try exporting files as IDML and then try to export as PDF. Let us know if this helps. If not, please share the following details:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I recently updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57), newest version of Adobe InDesign CC. All my links appear correct in preflight panel, and I am also unable to export a .pdf (interactive); similar to the issue Aidanj is having.

• I exported an IDML, and ALL links disappear, so that doesn't seem to work.

• I open the original .indd document, and packaged it (including links, fonts and .imdl). I then opened the new InDesign file-copy located in the packaged folder, and successfully exported a .pdf (interactive).

The message I am receiving when exporting a .pdf is: "Indesign “this document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible. Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I was having the same problem for almost 2 months. 

This solved my problem:

Go to your system preferences >  security and privacy > files and folders > click all the boxes under Indesign and Illustrator

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 12.25.44 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only answer that gives a solution is the one from grazibm ^^^ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for the solution for months. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get the option to populate the Files and Folders right hand screen with Adobe Indesign - how can I add it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same question here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. use InDesign 2020

2. click + to add the app if needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved my life, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add InDesign 2020, but cannot add Older versions to the list, even in full disk Access.  Quite frustrating — because not all printers or people use the most recent Adobe products where I live.
(I have projects in InDesign 2018, but cann not open older versions of Adobe products.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple made sure old apps did not work properly in Catalina. If you want to run old apps (which is a reality for InDesign especially) you needed to keep an old system going to run them. (Too late to download now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines