• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand it's frustrating. This issue is currently under investigation. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Suitcase Fusion for years and had no issue with my Fonts.  I have the latest Suitcase Fusion presently. The issue occurred when I began using InDesign 2020. The Helvetica Neue Font used was one of the most generalized Font I have used for years. I have been in Graphics almost 32 years.  Are you saying that I should only use TT or OTF? Using the Helvetica Neue in a Folder in Suitcase Fusion creates the same garbled Font.  Why does InDesign read there are no Errors but when packaging or creating a Hi Res PDF, the Fonts are garbled?  I have even copied to a new document.  Sometimes the Font is garbled and sometimes it looks fine, but as soon as it is packaged, the garbled Font is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated InDesign to 15.0.2? There were some issues like this with fonts earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am on 15.02

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone from Adobe chimed in on this yet? This is a troublesome problem for those of us who have to archive packaged projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I saw that happen as well and considered it an OS error first! Happens here as well...

The bugs in 2020 just keep coming. Worst release ever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a bad case of this today. The file in question was packaged earlier today, and is not longer open. I have been deleting the rouge folders when one appears, but they keep on showing up. 

Here are the ones in my trash so far today:  (each one contains only a Docuemnt Fonts folder with a file called AdobeFnt21.lst )

Screenshot 2020-03-10 14.44.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try quitting InDesign then relaunching? If you do that, the folder should stop reappearing. You need to do this every time you've packaged something at the moment, unfortunately, but it's a simple way to stop the problem until Adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks. We did find a workaround but damned annoying and a big waste of time when archiving multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be a new bug associated with 15.0.2 - drove my colleagues and I up the wall. Initially thought it was a folder creation script an ex colleague had written, but after we stopped using it and tracking each time it happened, the adobefnt21.list was the common denominator and I looked up the indesign.uservoice bug reports and sure enough, people are noticing.

If this is annoying you, let the engineers know here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exactly the same issue on two machines here... I think it's a dangerous bug, because you could overwrite the wrong folder... and it's also confusing people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

voted and commented the bug report on InDesign UserVoice:

My experience with the bug is this:

1. Package the active document with Links, Document fonts, IDML and PDF to the suggested folder of function Package For Print.
2. Move the folder of the package to a different folder.
3. Close the active document

4. Here comes the bug:
In the moment* I am using InDesign's Open command with the ORIGINAL InDesign document that I packaged before, a new folder is created.

The name of that new "ghost folder" is the same of the moved packaging folder.

The folder's position in the file system is the same of the packaged folder where it was created before moving it.

The contents of this new folder is a Document fonts folder with one single file: AdobeFnt21.lst

If I open a different document that was not packaged in the same session a new "ghost folder" is not created.

( I define one session as the period between "Start InDesign" and "Quit InDesign" )

If I also move or remove the "ghost folder" it will be re-created if I open the document where the once packaged folder was created from. I can stop that behavior: Quit InDesign. Restart InDesign.

* I know this exact moment because I have a event listening script installed that opens the folder of any exported file in the file system. In the moment the "ghost folder" is created the event "afterExport" is fired.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, packaging files is creating to export folders, one folder has all the file contents. The other just document fonts.

Even when I delete it, it comes back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION

After I package a file, change the folder name and open up the indesign file a new folder is created with the original package file name with only a 'document fonts' folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for raising this issue. We are working on its fix and will provide an update in upcoming releases.

Regards

Pooja Rathi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is disastrous, to say the least. It is hindering and causing major confusion in our workflow and makes it very easy to accidentally overwrite the actual file package. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well.  It needs to be addressed by adobe ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue. Multiple unwanted folders popping up on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Installed the latest version of InDesign this morning (coming from the 2019 version) and also upgraded OS X to Mojave. And suddenly I get all of these folders on my hard disk...! As someone posted this problem stops occuring as soon as I quit and restart InDesign so right now the trick seems to be to quit ID everytime you create a package...? Scary and annoying nonetheless. And very odd that this hasn't been solved yet...!

EDIT

It also seems to happen when I replace a package. So I have an existing package and I replace it: as soon as I open the document a folder is being created where the package was first. Really odd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best 'solution' so far: quit InDesign before you move any folders... Odd and annoying but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best solution I've found so far is to un-install version 15.0.2 and install 15.0.1. All problems gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of this approach though, Ddog9. Reinstalling 15.0.1 will ( I think) reintroduce the horrible undo bug which wipes out everything you've done since the last save.

To be honest, that bug was so bad I'd rather live with this one until it's fixed. The CMD-Z undo bug was awful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines