• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand it's frustrating. This issue is currently under investigation. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came here to posted the same as Tony did. Preventing this folder bug is easier than having to deal with that undo bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I don't recall ever experiencing any problems with undo in 15.0.1. But then I seldom use the undo command so maybe that's why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ddog9,

the undo bug with 15.0.1 was Mac OS X only.

If you are on Windows 10 you are not affected.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I didn't realize that bug was Mac only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same problems in inDesign version 15.0.2. Existing folders replicate themselves and only contain the documents fonts folder and no inDesign file. Fonts are missing in inDesign documents which can't be replaced; and the AdobeFnt21.1st keeps re-appearing in every document fonts folder, even after deletion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and all of the files seem to have this file "AdobeFnt21.lst" in the fonts folder when collected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, just did a search and posted in the photoshop discussion since apparently it was happening there too but was overlooked on indesign. Not sure how it was overlooked though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand it's frustrating. This issue is currently under investigation. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its driving me crazy i am even getting file folders inside folders of the same name!!!

This bug needs to fixed now!!  mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with my InDesign: an extra folder generated and on my desktop. In fact, I don't even have to do a "collect" anymore. If I work on the InDesign file locally, an extra folder appears on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw that the Creative Cloud app had been updated, and that there were 4 application updates. Then my hopes were dashed upon the rocks on the shores of InDesign Island.  Hope this particular bug gets exterminated soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, after moving job to the server and moving job to my "complete" folder the jobs reappear in the "working" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi we are seeing this bug even by just opening and closing files. The only pre requisite to reproducing the bug is that there is a "Document fonts" folder in place. If you delete that folder (and restart IDesign) the issue does not occur. This is causing us a lot of grief, can you please release the fix Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months have passed since reporting this bug and still no update? Glad we can all beta test for Adobe with our monthly subscription!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be new here. Anything but a catastrophic bug is going to be fixed in a dot release, not on an emergency basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input Bob. I could spend the time researching how long it typically is between dot releases, but I would think that nearing a full quarter is getting on the long side. I would at least expect an update from Adobe on the whether the bug has been corrected and when the next dot would be released.

I have safeguards in place, but I can see where this could be 'catastrophic' for users who overwite files with an empty folder that was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can easily go beyond a full quarter and there have been plenty of bugs that never get fixed in a dot release and wait for major release. I get it; it's annoying as hell for those that have to deal with it but it's not as simple as fixing one thing. The engineers need to be sure that they aren't breaking something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually relieved to find out that this is a known bug. It just started happening to me last week after I updated to 15.0.2. I thought that I'd somehow picked up a virus. Happy to know that it's not. Not so happy to know that the bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I already mentioned it elsewhere: This bug is already fixed with a prerelease version of InDesign.

At least this is true for the Windows version on prerelease. I cannot test the Mac OS X version of that release.

You could log in to Prerelease and become member of prerelease to test that version if you like.

How you can do this see Ravi Kiran's step-by-step instructions:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tested the beta v 15.03 on Mac and it does fix this problem although I am hesitant to install this "pre release" in our live production for all of my users in case there are other bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Unfortunately, my daily use of InDesign is work-related. I can't take the chance of a pre-release version for that.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too. Did anyone see an answer to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in 15.0.3 which is rolling out gradually this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

good news: The next bug fix version of InDesign and InCopy is underway.

Should be available this week. The roll-out process began today:

Fixed issues in InDesign
InDesign 2020 (version 15.0.3)

Core feature and workflow

- InDesign is recreating Document Fonts folder with only AdobeFnt21.lst, for deleted or moved packages.

Source:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank You for your patience and support in reporting this issue.

We have fixed this issue in 15.0.3 release and roll out for same has started today. 

Following is the link to fixed issues article : https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html.

Regards

Pooja Rathi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines