Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 - Seitenzahlen im pdf bei 1 anfangen

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,
weiß vielleicht jemand wie ich ein pdf exportieren soll damit es immer bei seite 1 anfängt - also auch wenn ich die seiten 27-29 aus dem Dokument exportiere? im pdf soll es seite 1-3... geben

brauche es für den export von interaktiven pdfs, aber interessant auch für druck.
momentan ändere ich das über acrobat. recht lästig...

LG
Jolanda

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are building into the InDesign parent page the page numbering feature called "current page number",  the page numbers you see will not be changed in the PDF when you export a subset of the pages. You would have to adjust and edit manually each time. 

If however you set the Numbering and Sections options to restart at 1 on the first page you want to export, and then export your subset of pages, the resulting PDF would have correct page numbers.  Clumsy, but possible.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your quick answer!
but with this procedure its easier to change it with acrobat i suppose.
how should it work if i need to export pages 11, 23, 28-30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, I would think that you are going to manually edit in Acrobat!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...is this so very unusual what i´m trying to get that adobe do not put a possibility in the backend or is it just a mistake that it is nocht possible enymore to get page numbers by itselfs. not frome the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what you are doing is unusual. It amounts to trying to have something two different ways at once.

Of course, you are probably familiar with Acrobat > Edit PDF > Header and Footer ... where you can quickly build a page number overlay.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the second way i want?
i "just" want to separate/not use the page number from the document in the pdf directly by the export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moin Jolanda,

did I get it right, you want export pages 23-27 of your InDesign document to a pdf and the page numbering should start with 1?

If I am correct: make a copy of that InDesign document, delete all the unnecessary pages and export to pdf. Resulting pdf should start with page 1.

Regards

Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...thanks! but this is too extensive for my purposes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about making your "current page number" on the parent page, but also on its own layer. When you don't want to see those original page numbers, turn off the visibility of that numbering layer, and thereafter export the PDF. Now, at least, you will not need to edit away the original numbers, and you can apply an Acrobat > Edit PDF > Footer overlay. Acrobat allows for a bit of automation there, too, btw.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... would be great if you could show me what you mean "step by step"
never (extreemly seldom) using different nummeration as the usual (page 1 = page 1)

do not really know how to built and how to "turn off the visibility of that numbering layer"
but the final question for this is: do i then need to do something at acrobat too (right now i do. and right now only there)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some training:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/layers.html

Yes, you would be moving over to Acrobat to build the numbering.

Bear in mind that you and I cannot design the features of InDesign, only work with InDesign as it is currently designed. You can wish for new features:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...i think we are misunderstanding eachother mike.
how i do not show pagenumers is not the question.
i am exporting page 9 from 30. just this one page. and acrobat is showing me at the numbers of pages
9 (1 von 1) - (i do not care about the pagenumber in the layout/ it is not what im looking for...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...you need to download the pdf, then you will see a onepager but it shows you page 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat > Tools > Organize Pages > Dot Dot Dot icon > Page Labels ... brings you to Page Numbering where you can get it to number from 1 which will adjust the page labels under the page icons in the PDF.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - exacly how i am managing this since months and wrote it on my first message "momentan ändere ich das über acrobat. recht lästig...".
looking for a possibility to be able to export a pdf without having to do it after the export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told you how.

And if you have to do this kind of export regularly you should use a script.

I believe the costs for the script will be worth it.

Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I told you how."
you mean to copy the document, delate the pages not used in the pdf and export then?

then it is much easier to rearang the pagnumbers in acrobat.
i am looking for a possibility whithout having to do this step after the export...

i want to export one page from whatever amout of pages in the document. an i want that this page is

1 (1 of 1) and not 9 (1 of 1)
is this so unusual?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"page is 1 (1 of 1) and not 9 (1 of 1)
is this so unusual?"

Imho "Yes", as I have no idea why this (export a few pages and changing the page numbers without making a complete new document) can be useful.

But maybe it is useful for your work. Don't know.

The point is: InDesign does not have that function, the only ways are

a) copying the InDesign document, deleting the unwanted pages, exporting to pdf,

b) make the changes in Acrobat.

And as I already mentioned, the solution a) can be done using a script.

Then this job will be done in a few seconds.

It's your decision.

Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I hate to say that you can not do it. I even tried turning page numbers to "Absolute" in preferences, but according to my experiments, you can not do it. I also tried typing a + plus sign in front of the page numbers and or page ranges (which invokes absolute numbering), but that did not work either.

Instead of saying it can not be done, I think I will simply say there are no ways I know of to do it that do not involve going to more steps than the Acrobat solution I wrote about above this post.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but thanks for trying mike!
i was also trying already very many ways.
but do not want to waste too much time for what seems to can not be done at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Jolanda. You owe me a cold snack sometime in the future! 🙂

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines