• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2022 crashes immediately upon launch

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From one day to the next, my InDesign 2022 crashes immediately when I launch it (Windows 11 Pro). I'm not sure what has changed on my laptop, since it launched fine a couple of days ago.

Crash report is attached. 

I hope someone can help. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Hi @nicolel81757029,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. There are two known issues for crashes on launch that were reported. Crash on launch on Windows on InDesign v17 which stands resolved. The other was on v18.5 on macOS Ventura, in which the issue was resolved after updating the macOS to the latest version of macOS Ventura. So if you have macOS, please test InDesign 18.5 on the latest build of macOS Ventura and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have also many users that are affected by crashing INDD 2022 and 20221 on both operating systems MAC and WIN. It has started yestarday morning and it hits random users. It has heppened without any reason. Clearing the InDesign preferences at startup and also deleting folders with preferences on INDD from the system doesn't solve the problem.

It would be good if Adobe Support can handle this immediatley as we have customers from media and publishing industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem - CC21+22 does not work any more. I tried to send the report to apple but then the app closes and I do not know if the report is sent …

How do we get information if it runs again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manuela5F90 try to revert to InDesign 17.4 - it solved the issue for some users.

leor_0-1695490860265.png

don't have any suggestions for 2021.

EDIT: just saw another post that you have already done this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!

INDESIGN 2021 (16.4.3.166)

Mac OS X 10.14.5
I cant' work on my own files anymore!
Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Depuis le 25 septembre, je n 'arrive plus moi aussi à ouvrir adode indesign 2021. J'ai échangé une 1ere fois avec le service technique qui m'a dit de désinstaller indesign et de le réinstaller cela a marché pendant 2 jours. Le 28 septembre je n'arrivais plus à nouveau à ouvrir indesign 2021, j'ai eu au tel le service technique qui m'a dit de supprimer les dernières extensions créées "com.adobe.ccx.start-7.0.0" cela a marché 1 jour et je suis à nouveau dans l'impossibilité d'ouvrir indeisgn 2021. 

Le 28 septembre le technicien m'a dit que les mises à jour d'adobe impactaient toutes les versions même les plus anciennes...

Il faut vraiment qu'Adobe fasse quelque chose pour résoudre ce problème immédiatement, nous utilison tous indesign pour travailler et non pas pour nous amuser , c'est un enfer!

Si quelqu'un à une solution je suis preneuse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the problem with Indesign2023 noch opening, not any file, it pops, but doesn't open. Since this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the problem with Indesign2023 noch opening, not any file, it pops, but doesn't open. Since this morning.

By @nicolel81757029

what's your exact version of InDesign and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18.5. – I deinstalled it yesterday, and installed it new, than it worked. This morning the same… so now I installed the 18.4. version, becausethe proclem came up after I updated an sunday I guess.

Newest MAC OS Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicolel81757029,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. There are two known issues for crashes on launch that were reported. Crash on launch on Windows on InDesign v17 which stands resolved. The other was on v18.5 on macOS Ventura, in which the issue was resolved after updating the macOS to the latest version of macOS Ventura. So if you have macOS, please test InDesign 18.5 on the latest build of macOS Ventura and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and two colleagues have the same issue on 4 different laptops. None of them can't start Indesign 2022 on a Mac anymore. Indesign 2023 is starting without a problem. We also deleted all caches, did a disk repair, deleted old fonts and even re-installed Indesign 2022 totally new - nothing worked. It seems that the issue is due to the CREATIVE CLOUD APP update itself - so, this seems to be a pure Adobe problem. Adobe please help as fast as possible!!! We are in the middle of a magazine production and can't finish our deadline!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I deinstalled my CC22 and installed the older version 17.4 - this one runs on my system.

17.4.1 and 17.4.2 does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thakns Manuela,

But unfortunately, it's like roulette, for others it works, for others it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that downgrade or upgrade to exactly v17.4 made InDesign working again on multiple affected macs. Many different potential solutions had been tried unsuccessfully before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues just now! … Not really funny!

InDesign 2022 17.4 just installed works on MACOS Monterey. 2023 18.5 just updated works too. 2021 always OFF!

Let's keep cool!

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I also have the problem that InDesign 17.4.2 crashes on launch since 09/23/2023.

One day before, on 09/22/2023, I was still working with version 17.4.2.

I use the German version on a DELL workstation with Windows 10.

On my notebook DELL Inspiron17 with Windows 10 the version 17.4.2 does not launch since that day.

I have tried the following:

- Installing 17.4.2 on a notebook DELL Inspiron16 with Windows 11 (instead of Windows 10): 17.4.2 does not start on this PC either.

- Installation of 17.4.1 on all 3 PCs: Same problem!

- Installation of 17.4.0 on notebook DELL Inspiron16 with Windows 11: This version launches. However, I cannot use it for other severe reasons - see the following link:

"InDesign 18.x (2023): Problems with WMF import (MathType- or Illustrator-WMF)":

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-18-x-2023-problems-with-wmf-import-math...

I noticed that I changed my monthly subscription to a yearly subscription exactly one year ago (i.e. on 09/23/2022).

Is this really a coincidence with this date?

=> Are there other users with this problem, whose annual subscription is also dated 09/23/...?

I will now open an Adobe ticket as soon as possible.

I will also test older versions of InDesign in the meantime.

With a new user, I will install a 7-day trial of InDesign and then cancel in time, etc. etc.

This week I have several jobs to finish and rely on version 17.4.2.

With so many professional users obviously affected, it would be great if Adobe would fix the bug immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,
I just got off the phone with the Adobe phone hotline in Germany (069-500-71855, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm).
Unfortunately, the person on the hotline was not very coooperative and refused to open a ticket for an Adobe case. He said he wanted to talk to his supervisor about this case.
Of course, being a support person, he wanted to pull out all the stops first: Reinstall, cleaning tool, etc. etc.
That's why I pointed to the community posts, so that the urgency would be apparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre appel téléphonique t son compte-rendu !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Mon InDesign a redémarré  l'instant ! InDesign 2021 (16.4.3.166)
🥳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello caroconstant, comment avez vous fait ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour erelca,

hier, il y a eu updates à ce sujet via Creative Cloud.
Si elles ne sont pas réglées sur "automatique", voici ce qu'il faut faire :
Creative Cloud - Applications - Updates - Rechercher Updates.

Les versions 17.x.x ont ensuite à nouveau fonctionné.

Je ne peux pas dire si cela fonctionne aussi pour les versions 16.x, car je ne les utilise pas.

Il existe encore une autre possibilité, qui a déjà été bien décrite par le membre "TAW".

En outre, j'ai transmis dans mon message la solution qu'Adobe m'a communiquée :

"Veuillez trouver le dossier UXP et le renommer en .OLD
Mac : /Library/application support/Adobe/UXP.OLD
Windows : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP.OLD"

Cela vous aidera peut-être aussi pour la version 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je vous remercie. Helas, je ne peux pas faire la mise à jour vers la version 17 avec Mojave. Et je ne souhaite pas mettre à jour le système.

Et malheureusement, Je l'ai desinstallé, dans le but de le reinstaller pour tenter de resoudre la panne. Mais il m'est impossible de retrouver la version 2021 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moi aussi je suis sur Mojave, adobe m'a envoyé le lien de la version 16 d'indesign quand j'ai mon pb et que je l'ai contacté.

Je vous conseille de les contacter

En revanche le fait de sinstaller et de reinstaller la version 16 a marché 2 jours et ensuite de nouveau indesign ne s'est plus ouvert...

Bon courange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Erelca, je n'ai rien fait du tout ! c'est incroyable !
Indesign s'est rlancé lundi après-midi, et j'ai pu travaillé dessus. Hier je ne l'ai pas utilisé. Et ce matin, il crashe à nouveau au démarrage 😭

InDesign 2021 (16.4.3.166) + Mac OS X 10.14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merci pour la reponse ! Pour ma part, je l'ai desinstallé, dans le but de le reinstaller pour tenter de resoudre la panne. Mais il m'est impossible de re-telecharger la version 2021 ! et je veux rester sur Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines