• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2022 won't open files which were created in older versions

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open any of my files that were created in the older indesign version than I have now - any work arounds?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try? Where are these files stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a message?

If yes, what message? If not, try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign can usually open files created in previous versions. As Bob asks, let us know what happens or what error you get. Also, are you sure they are InDesign files, ending with .indd extension? Do you know what version they were created with? I have several old and older versions still running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone asked us this question last week, and then self-reported that resetting preferences, as per @jmlevy's answer, did the trick. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines